Saturday 19 November 2011

Piecing myself back together

I'm here at the home of the famous St. Leger horse race, the original British classic (first run in 1776), to visit friends and also to get myself a long overdue body MOT.

Doncaster may not be the prettiest of UK towns but it's a little harsh of Google, that when searching for things this place is famous for the auto feed predicting your search stops you at 'Doncaster is...' with the suggestion: '...a sh**hole'.

My mate Chris had set me up with a physio appointment for silly o'clock on the Saturday morning, and generously drove us to the Bennetthorpe area for my examination with physio Mark Laurens of much respected injury rehabilitation clinic, Back On Track.

I had four complaints which I needed to get help with:
  • Ankle pain caused by running.
  • Check whether my ribs have now healed properly (since they were cracked 3 times during The Judo Challenge).
  • Pain around my right shoulder blade when running.
  • Tight calves first thing in the morning.
We talked through each of my issues one at a time and Mark even listened to my theories before checking areas for pain, talking me through the causes and suggesting exercises, posture changes and even exercise equipment that I could use to help cure my ailments.

I'd definitely recommend Mark's physio practice Back On Track if you're in the Doncaster area.

The morning finished with a four mile fat burning run with Chris, a former captain of Doncaster Phoenix Rugby Club, which included a section around Doncaster's famous racecourse.

No comments:

Post a Comment